What Is a Nighttime Internet Slowdown Issue?
- What you are experiencing right now with your current internet plan is called a nightly internet slowdown issue.
- This problem is not something that you need to worry about, because there are many different things that you can do to fix this issue and get the speed that you want on the internet.
- Broadband providers have started making changes in how they handle the speed of their internet connection to make it harder for people to find the internet connection that they want at a high speed.
- If you have ever tried to get online and notice that your connection is taking so long to connect that you have to wait around half an hour before you get online, then you may be suffering from this issue.
- The internet slowdown is caused by a variety of factors, but the most common is the way that the internet connection is handled.
The reason that you have an internet slowdown problem is due to the way that the speed of the connection is being calculated by the broadband provider that you are currently using.
- A lot of times when you go on the internet, the connection will take some time to connect to the website that you are trying to reach.
- You may not realize this, but if you happen to go online at night or at any other time when the internet connection is slow, then you might be experiencing a nightly internet slowdown issue.
- To fix this issue, you need to find out what the problem is and then you can fix it.
- The first thing that you need to do in order to solve a nightly internet slowdown issue is to check your modem.
- Many times when you are surfing the internet at night, the modem could be turned off, which can cause your connection to slow down.
- If this is the case, then you will need to switch your modem back to its normal state, which is powered up and try to use the internet again.
- Once you have switched your modem back to its normal state, then you can test to see if it is causing your connection to slow down again by going online and checking out the speed of your connection on the broadband provider’s website.
- If you see that your connection is still running at a decent speed, then you should consider trying to find out what is causing the problem.
- By talking to the broadband provider to see what they can do to improve the speed of your connection.
Wi-Fi Band – A Faster Speed Switch To 5GHZ
- Today, the Wi-Fi band of 2.4GHz is becoming popular with all the various devices in use, thus giving the Wi-Fi technology a wider range. Therefore, these bands are also referred to as Wi-Fi band 2.
- With the 5GHZ Wi-Fi technology, people can enjoy a better connectivity to the Internet as they can access the Wi-Fi network.
- They can even transfer large files to other computers without any delay.
- In the present times, the 5GHZ Wi-Fi technology is highly popular and is preferred by most of the people. As they can use it in almost any place, it has become very popular, thus making it very useful for people.
- The speed of the 2.4GHZ Wi-Fi signal is much slower as compared to the 5GHZ band.
If you have the option to switch to the 5GHZ then you will not be facing problems with intermittent internet night time shutdowns.
Fixing Your Router Overloads
The only thing that you can do is to try and figure out what has caused the router overloads to notice that there may be problems with some of your wireless devices.
- If you see that you are not getting too many connections to your various devices then your wireless routers could be overloaded and have to detect that there may be something wrong with the device and therefore drop one or more of your devices.
- Another thing that you can do is to check the router’s firmware.
- This is basically the code of your router that controls everything about the wireless router.
- Once you have found out why your routers are overloaded you should try and check out how to fix these router overloads.
- You should also be sure that you are not downloading any files or programs onto your computer that could cause further problems on your computer.
- These are just a few things you can do to stop your routers from being overloaded.
- When you are trying to fix the Router Overloads that you have found you will want to consider just how old your routers are.
- Older routers are more susceptible to having their computers overloaded because of the fact that they are more likely to use their power in the process of getting your internet connection. An upgrade would normally solve the issue. Try to call your internet provider for the upgrade.
If you find that you have router overloads that have caused your computer to freeze up, then you will want to try to look at different types of software that will eliminate your router overloads so that you do not have to worry about this happening again.
Turning WiFi Access Off at Certain Time to Prevent Connections to Wireless Networks
- When you turn WiFi access off, you may need to disconnect some devices temporarily. Some of the devices that can be disconnected are listed below.
- If your mobile phone or laptop is turned on, you will need to turn the device off. It will not come back on when you turn it off again. It is recommended that you turn your device off if you do not have any wireless networks available.
You can start by turning off all the devices that you want to use with the software program. After you have finished setting the programs, you can turn the software off and set it to start working automatically.
- For example, you may want it to start Wifi working before you arrive home from work or before you go to sleep at night.
- However, you should make sure that it starts working when you turn on your computer. You do not want it to start working when you do not want it to be able to connect to the network.
When you use this method to turn WiFi access off at a certain time, and you can disconnect other devices that are connected to your Wifi.
Internet Connectivity Problems Due to Distance of Computer and Wireless Router
Internet connectivity problems can occur in various forms, such as slow browsing or downloads.
A problem can be caused by a wireless router and distance of computer and wireless router is a very important factor in Internet connectivity problems.
One issue that often happens due to wireless routers and distance of computers is when the wireless router cannot connect to the Internet router.
Sometimes, the internet connection stops after using a particular program, if the wireless router is far from your devices.
Another issue which occurs due to wireless router and distance of computers is when Internet users try to access the website through wireless networks which might result into loss of signal since the computer and other devices might not be within the range of the wireless router.
The failure of Internet services can also happen due to poor Ethernet link, cable connections, or because the connection is set up using the wrong Ethernet device.
Understanding Internet Rush Hour and How To Avoid It
The Internet rush hour is a major problem for cable users, especially those who rely heavily on their home computer and Internet connection.
Many cable service providers offer an option to share your home telephone line with other Internet service providers.
For the most part, it is fairly inexpensive, but there are certain precautions to take before agreeing to share lines with anyone.
Since if there are many devices connected with a shared internet line then during rush hours when there are a lot of people using the internet, the speed may slow down or sometimes intermittent shutdowns.
Before you decide to join the sharing program, it is best that you get a broadband modem and computer to use with the service.
- When you have your broadband modem and computer, check with the company to see what speeds they offer.
- You should always choose the company that offers the fastest speeds so that you can receive all the Internet websites and other activities that you want to do at peak hours.
- For some reason, many people get confused about what speeds they should use, so they just go for whatever speed they are comfortable with.
- Do not use this as a basis for deciding which Internet provider you will use. Instead, make sure that the speeds that you use are actually faster than the speed that your broadband modem is currently delivering.